CIW has recognised in its frequently asked questions that following the cancellation of first aid courses, first aid certificates cannot currently be renewed. Given the circumstances, CIW expects providers to undertake the necessary first aid training when courses resume.
Updated 23rd Sept 2020.
We are able to provide Education and Training to employers and their workforce during the latest Covid restrictions announced September 22nd 2020 by the First Minister for Wales while following the Covid Secure workplace Principles. This includes our Paediatric First Aid Training.
The Paediatric First aid training we deliver meets the best practice guidelines set by CIW for Paediatric first aid training in Wales. These are that the training will:
- Cater for practitioners caring for children in the absence of their parents across Wales,
- training will be for a minimum of 12 hours induration (fully face to face or blended minimum 50/50 split),
- include what to have in a paediatric first-aid kit for babies and children
- demonstrate resuscitation techniques using models of babies and children, and gives practitioners a chance to practise on models of each age group,
- Include how to record accidents and incidents appropriately and will
- meet these requirements of CIW in Wales
CIW in Wales will accept either a Trade Body Issued PFA certificate or a RQF issued PFA certificate. We offer clients either certification route which they may select.