Blended Outdoor First Aid in this Pandemic
Blended Outdoor First Aid training courses.
The Professional Outdoor Body, the Institute for Outdoor Learning (IOL) along with its Forest Schools Association (FSA) and the following leading National Governing Bodies (NGB’s) –
- British Canoeing
- Mountain Training UK
- The Mountain Training Board Ireland
- British Cycling
- Royal Yachting Association
- British Association of International Mountain Leaders,
are now accepting a blended approach to first aid training during this pandemic. This approach was adopted in December 2020. This is inline with the approach that the Health & Safety Regulator the Health & Safety Executive adopted in 2015 for those seeking compliant first aid training.
They and the NGB’s recognise that this Pandemic places challenges on the outdoor sector. They have produced guidance on how to assess ones own needs, which includes accessing blended first aid training that we offer organisations.
We provide the following nationally recognised blended first aid courses that will meet both the IOL & FSA current position statement:
- Emergency First Aid at Work,
- Emergency First Aid at Work +F (Forestry),
- First Aid at Work 24 hours for Outdoor Instructors (Initial course)
- First Aid at Work 16 Hours for Outdoor Instructors (3 yearly requalification course),
- First Aid at Work +F 24 Hours,
- Outdoor First Aid, 8 or 16 hours for those attending assessment
The Blended Learning approach above provides a much easier way of satisfying an organisations Covid Mitigation requirements and greatly reduces both the number of people who are coming together and the length of time they would be in close proximity to.
If you have any questions relating to the requirements of the outdoor sector, then feel free to drop us a message below. Our expert outdoor first aid tutors, hold a wide range of outdoor sector specific qualifications themselves, both land based and water based NGB’s.