Immediate Life Support (ILS) Training for Healthcare Settings
This Immediate Life Support training course as laid down by UK Resuscitation Council guidelines for those working in Primary Care by teaching the recognition and treatment of the deteriorating patient using the ABCDE (Airway, Breathing, Circulation, Disability, Exposure) approach. Immediate Life Support knowledge and skills will enable the first responder to recognise and start immediate treatment in patients at risk of deterioration and cardiac arrest in a pre-hospital environment.
For up to 12 delegates
Per person joining us in Chepstow
When and When?
At your venue at dates and times that suit your group.
Who should attend
For those Healthcare Professionals who are required to demonstrate that they meet their licence to practice. This training will also benefit First aid tutors and those holding an advanced first aid certificate, such as IPoS or High Risk FAW by developing the ABCDE approach.
Healthcare Professionals that use this qualification
- Understand Basic Life Support requirements and
- Perform Basic Life Support techniques and
- Use of an Automated External Defibrillator in resuscitation attempt and
- Provide simple airway management and
- Demonstrate Bag Valve Mask in resuscitation attempts
- Administer safe and correct use of O2 Therapy in a resuscitation attempt if indicated and
- Provide Post Resuscitation Procedures and
- Carry out basic AED user maintenance and trouble shooting faults
- Understand medical emergencies in ones own area of work
This training maybe completed as blended or a full classroom based course.
- Mental Health Practitioners
- HCA’s & ECA’s working in and supporting the above professions
- First aid trainers
- Advanced first aiders
Seven Hours excluding breaks
Assessment & certification
Assessment is by means of practical observations including skills stations, oral & written questioning and on successful completion certification is valid for one year. And completing online assessments if blended option is selected.
Price & booking
The cost of this course is £800 fully inclusive, when run at your venue. This is for a group of up to 8 candidates and includes certification and a manual. There are no additional costs.