First Aid at Work + F Forestry
Who is this qualification for?
By attending the First Aid at Work + F Forestry training and successfully completing, will meet the standards required by both Forestry England and Forestry and Land Scotland. For Contractors, hauliers and others wishing to work on their land and need to show that they comply with each respective first aid policy. Natural Resources Wales also expects Contractors, hauliers and others wishing to work on their land to demonstrate that they comply with the First Aid at Work Regulations. Therefore attending this training would also exceed the minimum standards within these Regulations.
How long will it take?
Learners are required to typically complete 21 hours of training. The qualification can be completed fully in the classroom over three straight days or taken as a blended course where learners complete 6 hours of on-line learning followed by two full days in the classroom. Requalification at the three-year point is by means of attending the HSE recognised 2-day + F Forestry First Aid at Work Requalification course. learners may attend two days face to face or as a blended course where learners complete 6 hours of on-line learning followed by one full day in the classroom to requalify as First aider + F Forestry.
The training covers the following topics:
- the roles and responsibilities of the Forestry + F first aider,
- how to assess an incident and recognising signs and symptoms of injury and illness.
- performing CPR and use of an AED
- treating major injury and illness such as chest injuries, electrocution, spinal injuries, heart attack’s and anaphylaxis.
- the safe and correct use of Tourniquets, Trauma Dressings and Haemostatic Agents for the immediate treatment of catastrophic bleeding caused by chainsaw injuries is taught also.
This qualification is assessed by a practical demonstration and a multiple-choice theory test.
Fees & Booking
Train up to 8 delegates at your venue for
Request a group booking here
Individuals joining us will be charged at
£300 per person
Request to join us here.
Have a larger group to train? Request a quote here.