Outdoor Pursuits First Aid
Who is this qualification for?
The TQUK Initial Person on Scene (IPoS) RQF Level 3 Award focuses on more advanced first aid skills focusing on additional interventions and management of serious incidents with the expectation of longer term management of the casualty at the scene. It is expected that candidates will have previously attended some First Aid training. Occupations that use this training, include Outdoor Education Centre Providers and The Fire & Rescue Services.
Credit Value: 4
It is expected that delegates have attended some first aid training previously, however this is not a mandatory requirement to attend this training. Delegates are required to have IT skills at level 2, to complete the on-line learning and to complete the final on-line exam.
How long will it take?
Students complete 13.5 hours of online knowledge & theory learning prior to joining us for the 32 hours of face to face training usually over four straight days.
The Pre Hospital Environment
- The role of the First Responder
- Minimising risk of infection
- Principles of Scene Management
- Mechanism of Injury
- Patient Assessment
- Communicating with patients
- Primary survey and assessment
- Safe moving and handling
Respiration and Airway Management
- Recognition of respiratory problems
- Advanced airway management – Oral, Nasal and Laryngeal Airways
- Use of suction
- Oxygen Administration– Delivery systems and SpO2
Basic Life Support
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation – to current UK guidelines
- Paediatric CPR
- Automated external defibrillation
Circulation and Shock
- Recognition and initial care of haemorrhage
- Catastrophic Haemorrhage – including the use of tourniquets and haemostatics
- General Bone / Joint injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal & Pelvic injuries
- Chest injuries
- Eye Injuries
- Heat Stroke & Dehydration
Medical Related Emergencies
- Heart attack/angina
- Asthma – including additional remote protocols
- Anaphylaxis – including additional remote protocols
This qualification is assessed by practical demonstrations, verbal questioning and a final online multiple-choice theory exam.
For up to 8 delegates
When joining us
Call us on 01291 661 778 for more information
Our team are on hand to help with any queries, so don’t hesitate to call
Or if you prefer drop us a message below