Successful completion of the COSHH training will prepare students to look carefully at their own work activities and contribute to the safer use of hazardous substances in co-operation with their managers and supervisors.
- Definition and types of substances hazardous to health in the workplace
- Health effects of hazardous substances and their causes
- COSHH assessments and control options
- Responsibilities imposed by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Ability to contribute both to the maintenance of a safe work environment and to the process of formal risk assessment
- Understanding the legal requirements for risk assessments
Practical and Theoretical assessment.