This Level 2 Award Introduction to Risk Assessment was created in response to industry requirements for employees to be risk aware. Although not all employees will be expected to undertake risk assessments themselves, they may be asked to contribute to the process and will be expected to act always to protect their own health and safety and that of others.
The course will cover:
- Main causes of accidents and ill health, and their implications for people in the workplace
- Legal requirements for risk assessment
Principles of risk assessment including:
- Hazards, risks and control measures
- The five steps of risk assessment
- The hierarchy of control
- Risk assessment review and record keeping
- Ability to contribute both to the maintenance of a safe work environment and to the process of formal risk assessment
- Understanding the legal requirements for risk assessments
Theoretical plus local environment risk assessment.