Certificate for First Responders on Scene FROS®
Our 100% version classroom course. We also offer a blended version where learners may complete half the course using our unique video online training course and then attend a shorter classroom course. This course is taught by our expert clinical educators, who hold skill sets at Level F or higher on the FPHC PHEM Skills Framework:
Purpose of this qualification?
The purpose of this FAQ Level 3 Certificate for First Responders on Scene is to provide first responders with the skills, knowledge and understanding to provide the appropriate care to a casualty prior to the arrival of an ambulance. For example, Fire & Rescue, Police, Military, RLNI, Lifeguards and security staff who provide a rapid response to immediate life-threatening medical emergencies. This is usually in locations where the partner organisations will be able to get to the call more quickly.
- This qualification sits at Category E on the FPHC PHEM Skills Framework:
- Nationally certificated non-health care professional pre-hospital provider caring for patients as a primary role i.e. may give medication. i.e. More specialist UKSAR trained personnel, some military personnel and some D13 Specialist certificated police officers.
- SIA approved for security operatives.
To achieve the FAQ Level 3 Certificate for First Responders on Scene learners must achieve a minimum of 10 components. They must complete all 9 mandatory components in Group M and must select at least one component from the Optional Group O components, totalling 10 components overall. For more information please contact us.
Occupations that use this course >>
- Police Medics
- Community First Responders
- Workplaces where a higher level of first aid is required
- First aid instructors
- Fire & Rescue services
- Ambulance services
- Close protection services
- Police Firearms officers
- Coastguard rope rescue officers
- Anyone needing a more advanced out of hospital care course with no prerequisites
Course Curriculum >>
To achieve the FAQ Level 3 Certificate for First Responders on Scene learners must achieve a minimum of 10 components. They must complete all 9 mandatory components in Group M and must select at least one component from the Optional Group O components, totalling 10 components overall.
Group M – Mandatory Component Number URN Component Name
- Y/506/4953 Human anatomy and physiology for immediate emergency care
- F/506/8477 Assessment of casualties in immediate emergency care
- D/505/9740 Basic airway management in emergency care
- K/505/9739 Basic life support and external defibrillation
- H/506/4955 Management of medical conditions
- L/505/9734 Support the emergency care of wounds, bleeding and burns
- K/506/4956 Management of injuries
- L/506/8479 Management of trauma
- J/506/6603 Recognition and management of anaphylaxis 1 3
Group O1 – Optional Components Component Number URN Component Name
10) T/506/4958 Administration of medical gases in emergency care
Qualification Title and Hours required to achieve
- QAN: 603/1043/1
- Type: RQF
- Level: 3
- Guided Learning hours with our clinical Educators: 150
- Additional self study hours required: 40
Learners are assessed by means of completing a portfolio of evidence alongside controlled assessments. This qualification is graded as Pass / Fail.
Fees and Booking
Train up to 6 delegates at your venue for
Request a group booking here
Individuals joining us will be charged at
£1000 per person
Request to join us here.
Have a larger group to train? Request a quote here.