Mental Health & Wellbeing
For up to 12 delegates
Per person joining us in Chepstow
A level two mental health course suitable for all employees. Duty holders and business owners will be able to demonstrate that they are meeting the HSE Management Standards by having their staff complete this training.
When and When?
At your venue at dates and times that suit your group.
Who should attend
For those who are 16 or over in maintaining a healthy workplace in regards to mental health issues found in the workplave.
- Meaning of Mental Health and Mental Ill Health
- The Components of Mental Well-being
- Risk Factors Associated with Mental Ill-health Problems
- Examples of Mental Health Problems
- How Mental Health Problems Affect Day-to-Day Living
- Social and Cultural Attitudes to Mental Illness
- Mental Health and Discrimination
- Stereotyping in Mental Health
- Impact of Stigma in Mental Ill Health
- Causes of Stress
- Signs and Symptoms of Useful and Harmful Stress
- Managing Stress
- Difference between Anxiety and Panic attack
- When is Anxiety a Mental Health Problem?
- Signs and Symptoms of Anxiety
- Symptoms of Depression and Causes
- Managing Depression Mental Health in the Workplace
- Why is Mental Health not Discussed at Work?
- What Legislation applies to Mental Health UK?
- What are The Management Standards?
- The Six Stressor Areas in the Workplace
- Employers Duty of Care
- Obligations in the Workplace
- Removing Stigma in the Workplace
- The 5 Components of Emotional Intelligence
- Recognising Changes in an Employee
- Recognising own Changes as an Employee
- How Do Those Changes Affect the Workplace?
- Difficulty in Disclosing Mental Health
- Starting a Discussion and Advice to Help with a Discussion
- Advice for Manager/Employer Offering Support
- Absence Due to (Mental) Illness
- Supporting People to Stay at or Return to Work
- Promoting a Healthy Workplace
- Five Steps to Mental Wellbeing
- Understanding Mental Health
- Recognising and discussing different mental ill
- Health Problems
- Mental Health and legislation
- Understanding responsibilities in the workplace under mental health
- Recognising a problem
- Supporting an employee with mental health-related problems
- Promoting a healthy workplace
Occupations That Use This Course
- Construction & Building
- Distribution & Transport
- Forestry & Arboreal Sector
- Equestrian Sector
- High Risk Business Activities
- Agricultural Sector
- Outdoor Activity Sector
- Security Sector
- Professional Sports
6 Hours face to face or two hours & 11 minutes if completing on-line.
Assessment & certification
Assessment is by means of oral & written questioning and on successful completion certification is valid for three years that is endorsed by TQUK.
Price & booking
The cost of this course is £900.00 fully inclusive, when run at your venue. This is for a group of up to 16 candidates and includes certification and a manual. There are no additional costs.