These terms and conditions are between Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd (The Supplier ) and the customer (The Customer).
- Onsite Courses (at customer’s premises or location other than our premises) Use Group Booking Form
- Open Courses (premises normally provided by us the Supplier) Use Individual Booking Form
- The customer will place an order using a booking form available the Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd website.
- Orders are placed on the understanding that the following terms and conditions are agreed by the customer.
- All orders are subject to acceptance by us and will be confirmed by email.
- Once an order has been confirmed by us the supplier it will constitute a legally binding contract between us the supplier and you the customer.
Onsite training courses
Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd will supply a suitably qualified trainer or trainers as required to your premises at a date and time agreed at the time of the booking.
- If the customer wishes to cancel a booking, the customer must notify the company in writing by registered letter or e-mail (‘Notice of Cancellation’).
- For the avoidance of doubt the Notice of Cancellation will not be accepted by telephone. If the company receives a Notice of Cancellation more than 10 working days prior to the commencement of the course a full refund of any course fees paid shall be given (with no cancellation penalty due).
- If the company receives a Notice of Cancellation less than 10 working days prior the commencement of the course the full course fee shall remain payable and no refund shall be given. A course may be re-scheduled to a later date if the company receives notice of a re-scheduled course less than 10 working days prior to the course. In this case an administration fee will be payable.
- On occasions where the booking has to be cancelled by Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd due to any unforeseen circumstances, it is accepted by the customer that Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd cannot compensate the customer for any losses arising from the cancellation.
- In these circumstances, the customer will be offered a rescheduled date or a full refund.
- If you have booked an onsite course and the site conditions are not appropriate for the provision of first aid training, the customer agrees to abide by the trainer’s decision as to whether the site is fit for purpose and agrees that the full course fee is still payable if training were not to proceed on the basis of unsuitable training conditions being provided on arrival.
- The training venue must meet acceptable health and safety standards and be conducive to learning.
- If you are unsure, staff at Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd will be happy to advise you on the suitability of your premises before booking.
Open courses (You join us at our venues)
- Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd offer a range of offsite “open” courses provided throughout the UK and which maybe viewed at our published upcoming courses page. These sites all comply with the required legal requirements as listed above.
- If the customer wishes to cancel a booking, the customer must notify us the supplier in writing by registered letter or e-mail (‘Notice of Cancellation’).
- For the avoidance of doubt the Notice of Cancellation will not be accepted by telephone. If we the supplier receive a Notice of Cancellation, more than 30 full calendar days prior to the commencement of the course a full refund of any course fees paid shall be given (with no cancellation penalty due).
- If we the supplier receive a Notice of Cancellation with less than 30 calendar days prior the commencement of the course, the full course fee shall remain payable and no refund shall be given. Attendance may be re-scheduled to a later agreed date, if we the supplier receives notice of a re-scheduled course request from the client inside the 30 calendar window. In this case an administration fee will be payable that will not be more than 3% of the total course cost calculated by 1.03 x the course cost.
Purchases made from REED.co.uk
- Under this policy, you may cancel your purchase of the course within the period of 14 calendar days from the date on which the contract of purchase is concluded. This is called a “Cancellation Period”. Note that if you redeem your voucher during the Cancellation Period, you expressly request us to begin providing the course materials and you acknowledge that you lose your right to cancel the purchase of the course and get any refund for it.
- A legally binding enforceable contract will be formed when Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd (the supplier) confirms acceptance of your order by return email.
- If you fail to adhere to these terms and conditions, Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd reserve the right to cancel the course with the full course fees becoming payable, plus 3% of the course cost for handling fees.
Where Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd and a Customer have entered in to a written contract to provide a series of training courses at dates and times agreed, then the legally agreed separate Terms & Conditions will apply that are in force at the time of signing for each contract.
Invoices are usually submitted within on completion of any services provided on the last day of the works. The UK Government requires all UK Business to settle submitted invoices within 30 days, this is know as Payment obligations – Our right to get paid. Invoices can be paid early.
Failing to settle an agreed invoice within the 30 days from submission, may invoke our right to issue a Statutory Demand where interest will be added to the late payment.
Interest on Late Payments
The UK Government allows ALL UK Business to charge 8% Plus the Bank of England base rate on commercial debt. We cannot use a lower rate with our Public Authority clients and will charge the same rates to private clients in force at the time for clarity. We will issue a new invoice with the annual statutory interest added, which becomes payable.
Example: If a client owed our business £1,000 and the Bank of England base rate were 1.0%:
- the annual statutory interest on this would be £90 (1,000 x 0.90 = £90)
- we would divide £90 by 365 to get the daily interest: 24p a day (90 / 365 = 0.24)
- after 50 days this would be £12.00 (50 x 0.24 = 12.00)
If courses are booked within 30 days of the date of the course the invoice becomes payable immediately.
It is the customer’s and their delegates responsibility to ensure that they are free from any physical condition (Temporary or Permanent) that would affect their capability to carry out the necessary physical assessments. The student must be capable of successfully performing a number of floor based practical assessments, by kneeling, performing CPR on a Manikin, and being able to perform floor based moving and handling techniques. The employer and delegate should be aware of the demands mentally placed on workplace first aiders, before attending any training and suitability should be discussed before attending a class.
Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd should be notified 30-days in advance of any course, if any student needs assistance in relation to written assessments, this time-frame is a legal requirement if the student seeks a reasonable adjustment. This allows us to consider a request and to implement any agreed adjustments. There are no financial burdens placed on the client in us making an agreed adjustment.
Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd cannot guarantee that every student will achieve the learning outcome and pass any assessment. No refund shall be given should a delegate fail a course, for example they may arrive late, have been placed on the wrong course, not meet the required National Occupational Standards required, such as found in first aid.
To be eligible to attend a First Aid at Work requalification course, students must present a valid certificate issued by any GB or NI HSE recognised provider which is in date on the last day of the requalification course.
All students are required to wear suitable clothing for all first aid courses where it is accepted that they will be doing some floor based practical activities. Students are expected to possess high levels of personal hygiene to control the spread of infectious disease.
If a student arrives late for a course, or is absent from any session, Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd reserve the right to refuse to accept the student on the course. In the case of a student not completing the full course for any reason, they may at the expenses of their employer or themselves join the next suitable course to complete their training within six weeks.
All students must provide an accepted form of photo ID to the trainer on day one of attendance. Without this the learner will not be able to proceeded to take the final assessments. If this proves difficult please contact Remote First Aid & Pre-Hospital Training Ltd to discuss other options. These are listed in our Joining Instructions Page that can be read here.
It is the customer’s responsibility to provide refreshments to the students when training at their venues, if joining us, we will provide light beverages only. Our trainers will remain self-sufficient in terms of meals and refreshments when attending your venues.
The trainer reserves the right to remove any disruptive students from any lesson and to notify their employer directly of such behaviours. If the disruptive learner is self-employed then they shall be removed from the class. This is to ensure the Health, Safety & Welfare of all participants, trainers and others at the venue site. Any such removal, will be documented in our Incident Reporting Book. A full investigation will follow, including interviewing our trainers and any witnesses and the removed learner, to gain the full facts of the incident. This ensures clarity and integrity of the learning provision. Where required the education regulator will be notified of the learners failure to complete their booked learning if any maladministration or illegal activities are found such as submitting a false ID document to sit an exam. In this case the the local law enforcement agency will be notified if false ID or other legal documents are submitted falsely to us.
Maximum number on any First Aid Course is 12 students per trainer. Where more than 12 students are booked, the booking will be treated as two bookings.