First Responder Emergency Care Training
Who is this qualification for?
This pre-hospital care qualification is aimed at learners working in roles where their primary or secondary focus involves giving emergency medical care as the first responder on the scene of an accident or emergency. Roles may include, security operatives, close protection officers, event medical operatives, cabin crew and community first responders, among others.
It is ideal for those learners that require a higher level of knowledge and skills than standard first aid at work qualifications. The HSE accepts this mapped qualification as being suitable in meeting the an employers workplace needs assessment. It is therefore also accepted by awarding organisations for those that are required to demonstrate occupational competence for the delivery of first aid training.
In line with industry guidance, the qualification supports responders for a period of 3 years, at which point learners will need to requalify by means of attending a reduce time programme of instruction.
Course fees includes access to the pre-course online learning modules and electronic manual download.
For up to 6 delegates
When joining us
Credit Value: 4
How long will it take?
Initial Training Course Hours
Delegates are required to complete 13 hours of pre-attendance knowledge based learning, followed by three days at our training centres.
Requalification Training Course Hours
Delegates are required to complete 8 hours of pre-attendance knowledge based learning followed by two-days at our training centres.
Topics covered include assessing and responding to incidents, CPR for adults, children and infants, therapeutic oxygen therapy and catastrophic bleeding. The qualification also covers assisting a casualty who is suffering from major injury or illness such as chest injuries, spinal injuries, heart attack and anaphylaxis.
View Topics Taught >>
The Pre Hospital Environment
- The role of the Emergency Care First Responder
- Minimising risk of infection
- Principles of Scene Management
- Mechanism of Injury
- Patient Assessment
- Communicating with patients
- Primary survey and assessment
- Safer moving and handling
Respiration and Airway Management
- Recognition of respiratory problems
- Advanced airway management – Oral, Nasal and Laryngeal Airways
- Use of suction
- Oxygen Administration– Delivery systems and SpO2
Basic Life Support
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation, Infant, Child, Adult – to current UK guidelines
- Automated external defibrillation
Circulation and Shock
- Recognition and initial care of haemorrhage
- Catastrophic Haemorrhage – including the use of tourniquets and haemostatics
- General Bone / Joint injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal & Pelvic injuries
- Chest injuries
- Eye Injuries
- Heat Stroke & Dehydration
Medical Related Emergencies
- Heart attack/angina
- Asthma – including additional remote protocols
- Anaphylaxis – including additional remote protocols
- Sepsis – NEWS2 Update
This qualification is assessed by practical demonstrations, verbal questioning and a final online multiple-choice theory exam.
Call us on 01291 661 778 for more information
Our team are on hand to help with any queries, so don’t hesitate to call
Or if you prefer drop us a message below
Associated Web Links
Tick Removal Card – Single£4.99
Education & Training Handbook£11.45
Readiwipes® 70% Alcohol (IPA) Surface Disinfectant Wipes£49.99
Training Manikin Resuscitation Face Shields on a Roll£4.89
HSE 1-10 Person Workplace First Aid Kit, Small£9.99
Mass Casualty Kit – 5 x Critical Injury Packs£358.80
Personal Trauma Kit with Chito-SAM 100 Z-Fold Dressing£98.99
Personal Trauma First Aid kit£59.99