Who is this qualification for?
The TQUK Initial Person on Scene (IPoS) RQF Level 3 Award focuses on more advanced first aid skills focusing on additional interventions and management of serious incidents with the expectation of longer term management of the casualty at the scene. It is expected that candidates will have previously attended some First Aid training. Occupations that use this training, include First Aid Trainers, Police Tactical Firearms Officers, Fire & Rescue Services, Highways Staff, Remote Area Workers.
Credit Value: 4
Train up to 8 Delegates at your or our venue
Individuals Joining us will be charged
How long will it take?
Students complete 13 hours and 16 minutes of interactive online learning covering the key knowledge subjects with theory tests online prior to joining us for the three-days of face to face scenario based learning.
Read here >>>
The Pre Hospital Environment
- The role of the First Responder
- Minimising risk of infection
- Principles of Scene Management
- Mechanism of Injury
- Patient Assessment Triangle
- Communicating with patients
- Primary survey and assessment
- Safe moving and handling
Respiration and Airway Management
- Recognition of respiratory problems
- Advanced airway management – Oral, Nasal and Laryngeal Airways
- Use of suction
- Oxygen Administration– Delivery systems and SpO2
Basic Life Support
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation – to current UK guidelines
- Paediatric CPR
- Automated external defibrillation
Circulation and Shock
- Recognition and initial care of haemorrhage
- Catastrophic Haemorrhage – including the use of tourniquets and haemostatics
- General Bone / Joint injuries
- Head injuries
- Spinal & Pelvic injuries
- Chest injuries
- Eye Injuries
- Heat Stroke & Dehydration
Medical Related Emergencies
- Heart attack/angina
- Asthma – including additional remote protocols
- Anaphylaxis – including additional remote protocols
This qualification is assessed by practical demonstrations, verbal questioning and a final online multiple-choice theory exam.
Associated Web Links