Welsh Assembly Government funded training courses for Employees facing redundancy.
ReAct Funded Training Courses in Cardiff, Chepstow, Newport, Monmouth & other locations across Wales
What is ReAct Funding?
The Redundancy Action Scheme (ReAct) is a programme of funding for training provided by the Welsh Government for people living in Wales who are facing redundancy.
You can receive a training award of up to £1,500 to help you get the skills you need to land a job. You can train while you are job hunting or you can go on courses to get the skills you need even if you plan to become self employed eventually.
Who is eligible?
Support under the ReAct scheme is available for individuals who:
- Have become unemployed in the last 3 months as a result of redundancy, are currently unemployed, and who have not been in continuous employment for 6 weeks or more since being made redundant; or
- Are currently under notice of redundancy; and
- Have not undertaken any publicly funded training since being made redundant, including the work-based learning suite of programmes.
What support is available?
There are 3 elements to ReAct:
- Recruitment & Training Support
- Vocational training Grant – Discretionary Award
- Extra Support Grant – Discretionary Award
Support is available for eligible applicants to increase their skills and remove barriers to learning, or returning to work. In order to ensure that this training provides the best possible chance of finding new employment, all applicants will need to have their training needs assessed by Careers Wales. Careers Wales will also advise on suitable training courses and training venues.
Under this part of the scheme the following financial support is available:
- 100% of training costs to acquire new skills (up to a maximum of £1,500)
- help towards the cost of travelling to training courses
- overnight accommodation costs, where appropriate
- a contribution towards childcare costs whilst training (subject to limits and conditions)
- help with the cost of special equipment to remove barriers to training
We like to know exactly how we can help and support you and invite you to contact us to discuss your individual needs for a no nonsense informal chat about how we can assist you in developing your skills, knowledge and ambition. Drop us a message below and we will call you back at a time and day that suits your vocational training needs. We are here to guide, support and assist you in your development. We look forward to hearing from you.